PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS BEING FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) #20 DHA for AcqDemo Business and Technical Management Career Path (NH)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0062
Opening and Closing Dates: 22 July 2022 through 3 August 2022 (11:59pm CT)
Position Title: General Engineer. Multiple positions may be filled using this Public Notice
Full Performance Level: NH-03
Duty Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $82,266 – $127,170
Work Schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or around 25 September 2022
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses are not authorized
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: U.S Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic Qualification Requirement:
In addition to meeting the specialized experience qualifications below, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the 0801, series as listed below:
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET);OR(2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure – Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board’s eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test – Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses – Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program.
4. Related curriculum – Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes applying the principles, practices, and theories of engineering fundamentals involving a combination of professional engineering work such as: physical and engineering sciences and mathematics; reliability, maintainability, and diagnostic principles; computer hardware/software integration; electrical, chemical, and/or electronic phenomena; and/or analysis of engineering structures, materials, and adaptability to develop plans and objectives for assigned technical area within the PM. Advises on the practicability, feasibility and economic implications involved in research and development and production of assigned components. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH/02/GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
a) Serve as a technical expert on a major weapon system, subsystem or technical program element for a Project or Product Manager (PM) International Programs organization.
b) Maintain responsibility for advising and providing technical or logistical input on a critical portion of the technical program ranging from development efforts to sustainment in support of Foreign Military Sales (FMS).
c) Apply mastery knowledge of the principles, practices, and theories of engineering fundamentals involving a combination of professional engineering work such as: physical and engineering sciences and mathematics; reliability, maintainability, and diagnostic principles; computer hardware/software integration; electrical, chemical, and/or electronic phenomena; and/or analysis of engineering structures, materials, and adaptability to develop plans and objectives for assigned technical area within the PM.
d) Advise on the practicability, feasibility and economic implications involved in research and development and production of assigned components.
e) Establishes priority target dates, resources, and requirements to implement the technical portion of projects and insures their timely integration with overall program.
f) Serve as a principal coordinator between government-supporting installations and private industry to correlate results of investigations and operations.
g) Conceive new concepts and approaches to resolve engineering challenges. Evaluates and provides recommendations on engineering drawings, performance specifications, and engineering design changes generated by both contractors and government agencies. (60%)
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment
2) Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
3) Will be required to serve a 2-year probationary period
4) Direct Deposit of pay is required
5) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
6) Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement
7) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance duration of employment.
8) This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
9) Must obtain Level III certification in the Acquisition Career Field Engineering & Technical Management within 24 months of entrance onto the position. This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Upon approval of the DoDI 5000.66, change 3, selectee must meet position requirements for (Practitioner) certification within 60 months as of entrance on duty. Must obtain Level III certification in the Acquisition Career Field Engineering within 24 months of entrance onto the position
10) Security Cooperation Workforce (SCW) Certification level Advanced; 5 years.
How to Apply:
Please send an e-mail to: [email protected] containing the following:
– Resume that includes must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties, and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
– Transcripts that include the date your degree was conferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, however official transcripts will be required if selected. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts (unofficial or official) will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format, preferably (not required) saved as “Last Name, First Initial – Document type,” i.e., “Doe, J – Resume”
Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 3 August 2022.
Please Note: Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain resume and transcripts, and resumes that do not contain all the required information or are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0062 – General Engineer NH-0801-03 (UHPO).pdf [PDF – 223.8 KB]